- Practice Commenced: 10
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2020): 50
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2020): 10
- BOZEMAN AREA
- GREAT FALLS
Buzz Tarlow is a founding member of Tarlow Stonecipher Weamer & Kelly, PLLC. His practice is primarily in the construction field representing owners, contractors, architects, insurance companies, engineers, suppliers and subcontractors in many types of matters including construction contracting, licensing, defective construction, and delay and financial dispute cases. He has also represented victims of construction and aviation accidents.
He regularly acts as a mediator and arbitrator in construction disputes, as well as other types of disputes, and is a member of the National Construction Panel of Arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association, the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Buzz is the only elected member of the American College of Construction Lawyers practicing in the state of Montana. Additionally, Buzz is an adjunct professor at Montana State University College of Engineering.
He is the founder of the Montana State Bar Construction Law Section and the Montana Construction Law Institute (an annual construction law conference sponsored by the State Bar of Montana). He has also held a variety of national leadership positions in the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law. Buzz is also the creator and host of the ABA Forum’s podcast “Construction Law Today” which is available on a variety of platforms including PodBean, iTunes, The Google Play Store, and Spotify.
Buzz has spoken at numerous state-wide and national construction law conferences.
Buzz is also a LEED Green Associate, a licensed pilot, and an electric bass and guitar player.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Land Use/Planning
- Lemon Law
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Venture Capital
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of Connecticut (B.A., cum laude, with distinction in Economics, 1981)
- Boston University (J.D., 1985)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vermont and U.S. District Court, District of Vermont, 1986 (inactive)
- Montana and U.S. District Court, District of Montana, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1990
- American Bar Association (Member, Forum on the Construction Industry)
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- State Bar of Montana (Founder, Construction Law Section; Chairman, 2005-2006)
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association; Gallatin County Bar Association
- Founder, Montana Construction Law Institute
- American College of Construction Lawyers (Member, Board of Governors 2014-2016)
- American Arbitration Association Panel Member
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
$300 per hour for preparation time and meeting time.
$150 per hour for reasonable travel time when appropriate.